To regulate the installation, operation and maintenance of radio stations both for private and public use. (Radio Control Law, Act No. 3846, as amended)
To regulate and supervise the provision of public telecommunications services (Radio Control Law, Act No. 3846, as amended and Public Telecommunications Policy Act of 1995, RA NO. 7925)
To manage the radio spectrum (Radio Control Law, Act No. 3846, as amended and Public Telecommunications Policy Act of 1995, RA NO. 7925)
To regulate and supervise radio and television broadcast stations, cable television (CATV) and pay television (EO No. 546 nand EO No. 205)
By 2025, the NTC is a world class regulatory agency meeting the challenges of the digital world.
Maintain a responsive regulatory environment for an effective telecommunications/ICT sector.
- Grants certificates of Public convenience and Necessity/Provisional Authority to install, operate and maintain telecommunications, broadcast and CATV services.
- Grants licenses/permits to purchase, possess, construct, operate and maintain radio stations.
- Allocate/sub-allocate and assign the use of radio frequencies. – Type approve/type-accept all types of radio communications equipment.
- Conduct radio communications examination and issue radio operators certificate.
- Prepare, plan and conduct studies for policy and regulatory purposes
- Monitor the operation of all telecommunications and broadcast activities.
- Enforce applicable domestic and international laws, rules and regulations, prosecute violation thereof, and impose appropriate penalties/sanctions.
- Issue licenses to operate land, maritime, amateur, aeronautical station and other safety and special radio services.
- Perform such other telecommunications/broadcast-related activities as may be necessary in the interest of public service